Thursday, December 4, 2014

Lincoln: Two Years Old

I can't believe I just wrote that. Lincoln is two. Wow. Time really flies. These have been the best two years and with the addition of Cam, I am the luckiest mom in the world. 

Lincoln is so smart. His doctor says he is the picture of perfect health. He is just over 27 pounds and 36 inches tall. He knows well over 500 words (I stopped keeping track a few months back and it seems like he learns a few words a day). He sometimes speaks in sentences of 4 or 5 words. He says please, thank you, and you're welcome. He can count to 10 (though he sometimes thinks it's funny to say "one.....TEN.") He loves to sing songs like abc's, twinkle twinkle, you are my sunshine, I am a child of God, and row row row your boat. He knows the differents between numbers and letter and tries to "read" letters and numbers when he sees them. He likes to point out colors and likes black and orange. He loves to find Utah symbols and say "go Utes" to anyone we see wearing a utah hat. His doctor said his speech is well beyond what he would hope for a typical 3 year old (he usually looks for his 2 year olds to know about 50 words). He recognizes places as we drive. He knows where the snow shack used to be and says "snow cone, yum" every time we pass. He knows where Desi and Nonna live. He knows where the hospital and D.I. are. He recognizes food places and target. Can you tell I'm one proud momma?

Lincoln loves to eat fruit. Mostly melon, oranges, berries, grapes, and pears... So mostly all fruit. He likes chicken, go-go squeezes, yogurt, dried fruit like prunes and apricots and especially raisins. He really likes eggs and bacon and of course pancakes. He loves corn dogs but calls them "hotgods" haha.

Lincoln loves anything that I tell him came from Desi. If he doesn't want to get dressed, I just tell them it was Desi's and he's happy to wear it. He likes Elmo and Thomas and Mickey Mouse. He loves to say prayers and "the end" at the end of every story. He loves to look for the moon.

Lincoln loves his little brother. He kisses and hugs him. Brings him his binkie and blanket. Checks on him when he's crying. Protects him from strangers. He is a great big brother. I am so proud of him. He is such a good boy. We are so blessed to have him.












No comments: