Friday, May 30, 2014

Disneyland: 2014 Part 3

Let's wrap this up shall we. Since it's guaranteed to not be my last blog post on Disneyland, I will save some of my material for future posts. I will just highlight the things I have pictures of:

Day 3

Day three was back at Disneyland! 

Astro Blasters (again)

Chase showing off that he just graduated (oh I should do a post on that). By the way that is my girly lanyard he is wearing. (More on pin trading to come, aswell)

Link and Baba (and the Matterhorn)

We road Casey Jr. (One of my childhood favs)

We sat on the caboose and Link thought he was driving.

FINALLY by day three we got our first Dole Whips. (I need to teach Link a thing or two about Dole Whips I guess but for now I'm fine not having to share.)

We road what is now one of Chases favorite rides, Storybook Land Canal Boats. He LOVED all the miniature displays. It's a new "must do" he says.

Link loved it too.

That night we splurged on dinner. I had never been to Big Thinder Ranch BBQ before (and neither had anyone else for that matter) and was dying to try it. All you can eat dinner and a show? Yes please. While, yes it was pricey, it was so worth it. The food was SO good. The corn. The beans. The chicken. Mmm mmm. Because I knew before going to Disneyland that I wouldn't be able to ride all the rides I focused on what I could do. Which was eat, eat, eat. So I did a lot of food related research and made a list of "must eats." I recommend BTRBBQ to anyone who likes to eat! Yummm.

Food and a baby bump.



Side note: my other must eats were:
Dole whip 
Flos Cafe
Mint julep and Mickey beignets
Bengal BBQ
Cafe Orleans
Corn on the cob
Frozen apple juice
Corn dog truck on Main Street USA
Churros 
Apple fritters
Bread bowls

I recommend all of them as the best places to eat or get a snack at Disneyland. (and I think we've already established that I am a creditable source to recommend all things Disneyland related ;)

That night we ended over at Astro Orbiters.

Day 4:

Day four we rushed to California Adventure to get fast passes for World of Color and Radiator Racers (again). We spent the morning there, the afternoon at Disneyland, and the evening back at California Adventure.

We found out that there are four seperate fast pass tracks. You can hold fast passes for four things in California Adventure. All the fast passes in this picture are legitimate and active. (World of color: track 1, radiator racers: track 2, California screaming: track 3, tower of terror: track 4)

So Lincoln is more accurate than me... Whatever..

Back at Disneyland we had to show my mom that we went to the general store and listened to the party lines on the old phones.


We got SO lucky this day. Indiana Jones wasn't scheduled to open until the following day, but they did a soft opening right as we walked by. The big kids ran right on and only waited like 10 minutes (they weren't doing fast passes that day but they were able to get a rider swap pass). It was SO lucky that they got to go when they did because the next day (when it was supposed to be up and running) it was having so many shut downs that there wasn't even a chance to ride. 

Lincoln really loved the jungle cruise. It's funny because I remember a time in my life when I wasn't sure if the animals were real or fake and now Lincoln totally thinks they are real.

At this point we ate and rode and ate and rode. We got to ride Midway Mainia again (which is probably the best family friendly ride at California Adventure second only to Racers). Then we went and watched World of Color (from the side because Lincoln didn't want to be contained any longer).

Day 5

In my opinion, you always have to start and end with a full day at Disneyland. So we did that.

Happy! On the carrousel!! Fear conquered. 


Jingle: Dinseylands tribute to Mary Poppins.

Does anyone remember when Merlin would ACTUALLY help a kid pull the sword from the stone? 

He didn't love woody... But...
He did love...
BUNNIES!!!

It was springtime at Big Thunder Ranch and all the Disney bunnies were there!

And Baloo

And Mickey

And Pluto

And a roping cowboy.

The Big Thunder Ranch was one of the best parts of the trip because it's so hidden and not many people know about it. Lincoln could just walk around and enjoy all the characters.

We road the train (being sure to ride from tomorrow land to Main Street to see the Grand Canyon and the dinosaurs and then from Main Street to Toon Town to go through Splash Mountain.)


This is a picture of Chase eating the same thing that Darth is eating on his shirt.

Waiting for Fantasmic where Chase had no idea how greatly his "life would be changed"

You'll have to ask Chase how much he loved Fantasmic because I can't put it into words. He says it changed his life. It's a new "must do" for him. And I was glad to see it because I hadn't in years and it was my favorite when I was little.

His favorite part was steamboat willie driving the mark twain river boat at the end.

It was a great end to a great week. We rode every ride, saw lots of shows, ate all the (good) food, and had so much fun! I can't wait to go back. Like seriously I am already trying to figure out when we can go next. And to all those wondering if Disneyland is still fun while pregnant I say YES IT IS!!! And to all those wondering if their 17 month old will have fun I say YES THEY WILL (Lincoln liked it at 11 months also, and he likes santa and the Easter bunny... So maybe not all kids would like it. But they should just learn to like it)

No comments: