So I think it's apparent by now that I love Disneyland. I'm not exaggerating when I say I know it better than the back of my hand. Growing up in the South Bay, my family usually had season passes and one year we went 37 times. Disneyland is like my oldest friend. (I'm very passionate about Disneyland... Obviously... And how it's sweaty cousin on the east coast doesn't hold a candle to it). Every time I leave I start having a slight anxiety about not knowing when I'm going back. I had a dream last night about having to move to Southern California and being so stressed about it and then realizing I could go to Disneyland everyday.
You can imagine my confusion as to why, after 5 days at Disney, people were apologizing to me and asking how on earth I could stand Disneyland for 5 days straight. Do you not have a soul? Going to Disneyland and then knowing tomorrow I would wake up and go to Disneyland again, everyday for five days... Let's just say it was awesome. I am a planner, so I had everything panned that I could. Each night I would make sandwiches and snacks for the following day in to the park, I would lay out clothes for Lincoln and myself (Chase was on his own), pack the diaper bag with all the essentials, review our autograph books and pressed penny collection, admiring the success of the day, usually shower Lincoln and I so that we could skip that step in the morning, and load the stroller so it was ready to be pushed through the grand gates of the happiest place on earth. It was work, but it was the happiest work. Preparing to go to Disneyland each day was like Christmas Eve over and over again.
Have I proven to you my love for Disneyland yet? Let's get to the trip details then.
We flew down on Sunday and went out to dinner. That was fun but it was hard being at Disneyland but not AT Disneyland. So we went to downtown Disney. We made a stop at wetzle pretzel, took pictures at the Lego store, tried every flavor of flavored churro (sold only at a single cart in DTD), and walked around the Disney store there (scoping out our eventual souvenirs).
The next day we took on Disneyland. (California adventure can always wait). A few rides were closed, which was sad, (pirates, Alice, smallworld) and the park was pretty crowded because of it (less lines to stand in = less people in lines = more people wandering around) but the lines weren't long at all. The stand by time for the brand new thunder mountain, only 20 minutes.
Lincoln only has a slightly irrational fear of the carrousel that he conquered during the trip.
Buzz lightyear: Astor blasters!
He really loved this goat.
One of the plus sides of me being pregnant was that while the big kids road a big kid rides, Lincoln and I would go buy things and treats. Here is Chase with a Mickey beignet and a mint julep that were waiting for him as he exited Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
Oh and we shared our news of baby boy number 2 coming in September! Woohoo. As I was coming off the high of taking this picture (on the side of the castle with the wishing well) we continued on down the path to the well. I looked up from my phone and almost peed my pants (partially due to the pregnancy but mainly due to who I was facing). The scariest character I have seen at Disneyland.
The Queen.
I am not kidding, she was so terrifying. She was disgusted by the children, annoyed at the adults, and so so scary.
We ended up over by Winnie the Pooh, which is one of my favorite "dark" rides these days. And as we exited the ride, (after I got a chocolate dipped pineapple spear), we saw Eeyore, Tiger, and Pooh. The highlight of Lincoln's trip.
That night we went on Dumbo. Maybe this was the highlight of Lincoln's week. Maybe there will be many highlights.
He didn't care for the tea cups...
Why the heck am I on this thing...
Well that sums up the first day. I will probably do a seperate post about California adventure and then maybe one more. It's just so many pictures and so much fun!!!
Also: I know I know I skipped like 5 months of blogging. I will touch on a few highlights that happened during my hiatus, but let's start fresh and move forward shall we. ;)






















No comments:
Post a Comment